Complementary to physical access control solutions (PACS), alfrednet can provide tailored solutions for physical identity and access management (PIAM). These apps can be adapted/customized to match user requirements or can be fully developed from scratch. Designing these apps and defining procedures and policies that stay behind these applications require specialist knowledge and can be defined together with our consultants.
Typically, physical access control systems (PACS) only provide information about who has access to where and when. But aspects of how and why someone was given access are captured through administrative processes outside of a PACS remit. Through PIAM (Physical Identity & Access Management) solution, security administrators can maintain and access an audit-able trail associated with all their physical access management processes which otherwise is managed manually over disparate sources such as phone calls and emails. This helps in measuring compliance and identifying (thereby avoiding) any risks such as people who continue to have access to areas, which they should not.
Additionally, this also helps in automating or streamlining redundant processes such as those around access attestation or assigning default access to new joiners based on their roles and profiles. The cost savings and benefits around risk reduction and compliance assurance are significant in the context of any enterprise hence could be easily validated at an enterprise through a scoping workshop.
From a technical perspective, these functions are achieved using the following inbuilt components of PIAM:
- Framework to integrate with different physical access control systems (PACS) and other IT systems such as HR and Logical Identity Management systems.
- Policy/Workflow Engine to enable workflows around various physical access management processes which are otherwise managed manually or over disparate systems and processes in an enterprise.
- automates policies for physical identity and access management
- provides a single identity across the organization (multiple sites and access control systems).
- Self service
- Visitor identity management
- Contractor/employer management
- Web badging
- Asset management
- Data match and reconciliation.
PIAM solutions, being complementary to PACS, are designed to connect with multiple industry PACS leading systems. Here are some benefits of implementing PIAM within your organization:
Modules available within access management solution are:
If you are also interested for Compliance & Risk Management solutions that can be complementary to access control and access management, please contact us.